Benefits of Hot Yoga
- Promotes sweating, assisting the detoxification process using the largest organ of elimination, the skin.
- Allows blood to become thinner, clearing the circulatory system. Capillaries dilate, allowing oxygen into muscles, tissues, glands and organs, also aiding in removal of waste products.
- Allows muscles, fascias and connective tissues to become elastic, lessening the chance of injury. When the body temperature raises three to five degrees above normal temperature, activity of the thymus gland is multiplied 20-fold. T cells fight infection, thus ensuring the immune system is functioning properly.
- Allows for a greater mobility of joints as warmer temperatures produce a fluid-like stretch.
- Elevates heart rate, improving the cardiovascular system. Burns more calories as muscles are heated up-between 350 and 500 calories per 75-minute class-helping to aid in the use of fat for energy.
Bottom line is do yoga, it's good for you!